I bumped upon this post somewhere and I not only laughed but I cried as well – tears of laughter. The first 15 I found on the board of wisdom.
1. Follow them around the house everywhere.
2. Moo when they say your name.
3. Run into walls.
4. Say that wearing clothes is against your religion.
5. Stand over them at four in the morning with a huge grin on your face and say, good morning sunshine
6. Pluck someone’s hair out and yell, “DNA”
7. Wear a sticker that says, “Iâ€™m a retard”
8. Have 20 imaginary friends that you talk to all the time.
9. In public yell, “No Mom/Dad, I will not make out with you!!”
10. Do what they actually tell you.
11. Jump off the roof, trying to fly.
12. Hold their hand and whisper to them, I see dead people.
13. At everything they say yell, Liar.
14. Try to swim on the floor.
15. Tap on their door all night.
- Get a skipping rope and skip everywhere instead of walking.
- Talk to someone as if they are meters away.
- In the midst of people, suddenly jump, roar and thump your chest
- Tie two cats with a rope, watch how they react and call it a cat fight.
- Laugh hysterically, tell people to get out of your way, drop on the floor and start rolling as you yell ‘out of the way! Am rolling’.
- Stare at someone then smile at them till the smile becomes fake. Explain that you are exercising your facial muscles.
- Hold an imaginary plate and eat imaginary food out of it.
- Act out a 5 cast skit alone.
- Refuse to talk for a whole day.
- Wear a piece of cutlery as jewelry.
We all have our own brands of strangeness. I am still learning not to point fingers at other people’s unique strain of weird simply because I do not understand it or because it is different from what I am used to. The incredible thing is that God loves us all so dearly mad or not.
If anything, He is the Professor at the University of Strange! How does anyone let his child get terrorized for the sake of the perpetrators of the terrorism? It is God’s crazy love for us that made Him go to such outrageous lengths to get us back to Himself. So when displaying your little brand of strange, do realize that you are just like Your heavenly Father. However, be keen not to break His heart with your choice of actions.
The Bible is full of instances where God does more than pull a rabbit out of the hat. He is the origin of ‘not-normal’ so if He is in your heart, you are in perfect company. Reading His word constantly helps you to realize the boundaries at which you are at liberty to practice.
Walking with God in our daily lives exposes us to being seen as strange by the people of this world. He tells us in Romans 12:2 that we are not citizens of this world. Kinda makes me wonder how madly cool it shall be when we get to heaven! 😀 He uses us to accomplish impossible things. Sometimes His methods are strange but hey, He is so creative He loves to show off a billion ways in which He can do one thing.
Most times we do not understand what He is up to but knowing that He is a good God whose will for us is perfect should help our hearts be filled with peace and joy. He enables us to do all things by His power in us.
We (I) shall thus rest knowing we (I) are (am) good enough – strange or not.
This post is mostly a note to self so should anyone bump into it, that’s ok. If the said Anyone doesn’t understand what I am blubbering about God, he/she can ask at the section down there. Should another Anyone who would like to agree or disagree arise, the same section will serve them too.
Am off to try one of those antics up there 😀 😀 😀 😉
(Images from Google)