- You may not love anyone or anything more than you love God.
- You may not worship, or put more importance on any person or thing, other than God. You must worship only the Lord, not a friend, not a movie star, or sports hero, not a car or skateboard. Nothing.
- You may not swear. Use God’s name in a loving way, never to express anger or frustration.
- One day of your week should be set aside for resting and worshiping God.
- Respect your parents. Love them, and the Lord will reward you in your life.
- You may not hate other people; don’t ever think of hurting someone else in any way.
- Keep your thoughts and action pure. Husbands and wives should share their special love only with each other.
- Do not take anything that does not belong to you.
- You may not tell lies, especially when those lies will hurt others.
- Do not be jealous of what others have. You may not be jealous of your friend’s new toy or clothes or the big house your neighbour lives in. Be satisfied with what you have.
Courtesy of my very colorful New International Reader’s Version (4 kids) bible. 🙂